Happy Chinese New Year. It's an Ox Thing.

Do I get a do over?

I haven’t made good on my resolutions of 3 weeks ago yet. I haven’t perused the library shelves looking for a casual read that catches my eye. In fact, I’ve been deliberate in my reading. Currently I'm reading I Believe in Water for writing inspiration. And there are some books on my mind to re-read such as Captivating.

Secondly, I haven’t been hanging out in coffee shops by myself. That’s all good though because I’ve been meeting my friends there instead. Your stories are inspiring about the things that you're learning, your days filled with joy, and it's fun to giggle uncontrollably. And other friends have stopped by my house for a cup of hot chocolate (see recipe below, you'll never go back to packaged.)

I have increased my journal entries this year. One day I wrote 8 pages in an hour. Yikes. Must be some kind of record, even for me.

Finally, on living less self-limited, still working on it. A lot to learn and I'm loving it. I'm going to need to acquire more armor.
Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. Ephesians 6:13-18 (The Message)
Seize the J

Hot J Cocoa Mix
1-1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vanilla caramel sugar free coffee creamer
1/2 cup non-fat dry milk

In large bowl whisk together all ingredients. To make a cup of cocoa stir together 3 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix and 1 tablespoon of water in a mug. Stir in 1 cup of skim milk. Or use 1 cup of water, not milk. Microwave for 2 minutes or until hot.

No comments: