Ordinary Joy

Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?

The most ordinary moments in 2010 center around friendships.

I remember:

coffee with friends in front of fireplaces sipping lattes or mochas at Friedrichs, Cafe Diem, Amici Espresso, Smokey Row;

gulping water or Gatorade after a Monday evening run with friends from Capital Striders, sitting on a picnic table watching the sun go down and getting eaten by mosquitoes, but not caring too much either, slurping a popsicle after the Midnight Madness run, sweating off the heat and humidity;

getting a phone call from a friend after I had just prayed; now that seems fairly extraordinary

eating blueberry pie, Dutch letters, or walking to Snookies malt shop for ice cream with my small group on Thursday evenings;

What I remember about 2010 is having a lot of pleasant surprises. I'd like to live my 2011 with a lot more surprises and a lot of joy.

Joyful because it's about connecting from the heart with people who have heart.
God, I am filled with joy because of you, and I sing your praises. Psalm 9:2

Seize the J

No comments: