I Know Where Love Lives


My run:walk shoes, 
my 5K shoes, 
and my 10K and beyond shoes.
I’m in love. With running. I know it's love because I think about it all day. I want the best for it. I have a lot of self-control, patience, and endurance. And I run my own race. 

This season I have run seven 5Ks (3.1 miles), am training for a 10K (6.2 miles) in a week, a 10 miler in a month, and a 1/2 marathon in 2 months.

I think about my training for the evening, the route I'll take, the mileage of a long or short run, hills or speed or race pace, treadmill, trail, asphalt, or track. I think about upcoming races I want to run. I think about the race I just ran. I think about the people I run with and the food I eat! I think about timing and shoes and watches and heartbeats, and serotonin and endorphins dripping down my brain like sweat dripping down my back. 

I think about days of rest and recovery (ahhh, a Sabbath for the runner.)
Take me with you; come, let's run. (Song of Songs 1:4 NLT) 
So what are you in love with right now? Person, place, or thing. Name it and claim it here.

Where does your love live?

Seize the J

No comments: