The Magnetic Prophetic

Have you ever had someone speak a word to you that was prophetic? That wouldn't leave your thoughts? Every time you heard it you thought, there's that word again.

I'm not talking about a commencement speech, a paradigm, or even a paragraph. Just 1 word.

In the past few months I've been driving around with 1 prophetic word stuck on the back of my car.

A few months ago I did something out of my usual Saturday happenings and went to an art gallery exhibit of Bill Butler's. I knew of Bill and Ronja, his wife, from Hope, but had never met them. In humbleness, Bill talked about how he created and visioned art, how he walked the cross every day to the upper room that is his studio, how he used the blocks from the cross to depict the crucifixion, the stains like a blood wash. It was a magnetic and prophetic conversation.

Before I left he said he had a word for me. It was a magnetic bumper sticker and the word was SEEK.



Copyright 2008 Thomas Lift. All Rights Reserved.


Speaking that one word has made me think about my world, and the way I interact in it, differently.

SEEK:
to go to,
to go in search of,
to ask for,
to make an attempt,
to make a search or inquiry,
...
to be sought.

SEEK has passed through the pores of my brain every day since I received it.

The word that day was a gift, and well, it has made all the difference.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by,
And that h
as made all the difference. Robert Frost

What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself. Luke 12:29-31 (The Message)

And don't be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don't worry about such things. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. SEEK the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need. Luke 12:29-31 (NLT)

Seek the J

...oh I mean...hee hee

Seize the J

J writing
The Thomas Lift project faith word magnets are:
Called
Arise

Shine

Beloved

Abide

Hope

Seek

Pure

Life

Trust

Selah


Which faith word describes where you are right now?


Which faith word describes where you want to be?


Which would you give to someone else?


If someone were to choose one for you, would it be different than the one you choose for yourself?

Faith word magnets are available for $4 at Solid Rock Resources at Lutheran Church of Hope. Collect them all!

Watch Bill create in this video. No words to describe it. Just watch!

His next exhibit is June 26-28 at Avenue Gallery in West Glen Town Center.

No comments: