The Year of Living Deliberately

So it's 10 days into the New Year and I've dubbed 2009 as The Year of Living Deliberately. I made some deliberate actions. I made friends. I made enemies. I made myself happy. I made myself frustrated and upset. I tried lots of new things, met new people, tried a different martini each time (espresso chocolate is delightful); vacationed in a city I'd never been before (Chicago); joined some new groups (CityBranch, Capital Striders).

One of my friends asked me if I was having fun doing it. "Are you kidding? Fun? I don't know what I'm doing," I said. "I have too many questions and not enough answers coming in."

Do I do this?
Do I call?
Does he?
Will he?
Do I ask?
Do I wait?
Do I take this street?
This exit?
Do I stay here?
What about there?
Do I spend my money on this?
What about that?
Do I move?
Will it hurt?
Will it make me happy?
Do I end it or do I just let it end itself?
Do I jump in with both feet?
Or what about just a toe in the water for now?
What is the meaning of all this?
Does God act?
Do I?

What were your questions in 2009? What were the answers?

When all is said and done, or when all is questioned out, and we take an action, God is with us.

And so it goes in 2010. 'Cause I kinda like it like that.

Seize the J

No comments: