Soul Food

What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth and touched your soul?

I am soooo not a foodie. Not into making food, baking food, discussing food, or idolizing food, but somehow I manage to eat. Here are some of my favorite foods.

Favorite veggies: lima beans, radishes (one of my favorite childhood memories is having a butter and and radish slice open-face sandwich with my Mom on the back step)
Favorite fruit: strawberries, white grapes
Favorite juice: grapefruit juice
Favorite Blizzard: Midnight Truffle
Favorite breakfast before a run: Malt-O Meal, maple and brown sugar
Favorite peanut butter: Smuckers all natural
Favorite meal dining out: cashew chicken
Favorite meals I make: chili in the crock, pizza.

Here's my pizza recipe.

Mama Mary's pizza crust
olive oil
prepared pesto (Alessi)
tomato paste
World Classics artichoke and tomato antipasto
black olives, sliced
mozzarella cheese

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle both sides of pizza crust with olive oil. Bake until lightly brown on the bottom, 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread pesto and tomato paste on top of crust. Top pizza with artichoke and tomato antipasto, black olives, and mozzarella cheese.

Bake for 12-14 minutes.

Seize the J

No comments: