My Heart Laid Bare

A red string is attached to my heart. When I walk down the sidewalk and pull the string behind me the heart bounces and weaves, and flips over and tumbles along the cement. It is scarred and holy, thick in some places, thin in others. At times it’s been on fire and there are scars from the burns. There is a lot of scar tissue.

I did not plan to treat my heart this way. I thought that I would guard my heart at all times and that it would remain tender and sweet. When I leave my heart unguarded I expose it to the elements of a real and hurtful world.

What about being exposed to a real and satisfying love?

What is that?

Seize the J

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellsprings of life". (Proverbs 4:23)


O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way? (Psalm 13:1 NLT)

No comments: