Just As I Am

A lot of us are ready to get off the merry-go-round, we're so frazzled we wonder if meds will help, or is it what we're eating, or drinking, or lack of an interesting job, we're not living up to what we thought we would be, or it's the 3 kids and the 25 activities among them and that doesn't even include the spouse, for those fortunate to have one (did I say that?)

The roof needs fixed, the car needs new tires, and the "staycation" 3 states away is only a few weeks away.

I realize I do too many things. Maybe it's because I'm trying to find my niche, maybe it's because I love to learn and be adventurous, and maybe it's because I love to serve, and sometimes, maybe, it's because I'm trying to prove myself. Really?

Just as I am. That's all I want.

Sound familiar?

I just finished an online journaling course. A 5-week prerequisite for becoming certified to lead Journal to the Self. Loved it! Denver is my staycation. I'm so there.

When you're done reading this, shut down the computer, find:
  • a quiet coffee shop,
  • a quiet place at the library,
  • a picnic table at a park (does anyone go to the park anymore?),
  • sit in the car at the park,
  • heck, go sit in the car in the garage,
  • find a closet in your house,
  • lock yourself in the bathroom.
It doesn't matter.

Take your journal with you and write this question and then answer it:

What's going on? What's going on is...

Write one thought to the next. Don't lift the pen. Don't worry about speelling, punctuation. Incomplete sentences. Just let the words travel from your brain, down your arm, through your hand, out the pen.

Your own staycation.

Seize the J


So let's do it—full of belief, confident that we're presentable inside and out. Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let's see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big day approaching. (Hebrews 10:22-25 MSG)

No comments: