First Impression

Rose Garden, Des Moines Art Center
I remember I wanted to wear sandals. It was 2 weeks before spring and the air still had a chill in it. Too cold for sandals.

The art was world class and funky and inspiring.

The snapshots are quick. Sitting in the sun on a bench on the south side. I remember navy socks, faded and perfect. And the leather--smooth like butta.

We cast our history out into the rose bushes and discovered not 6 degrees of separation but 1. A babysitter that lived 3 blocks away in the yellow house with white shutters, next to the school.

We both noticed the couple 20 feet away in our glances.

For a moment I wished so hard that I was her. And he was him.

I have discovered that wishing isn't the same as faith.

People talk about faith like it is a big thing, but even if we have the faith of a mustard seed nothing will be impossible.

That is huge. Bigger than my wish.

Seize the J

No comments: