Everything's Okay

What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?

Clarity doesn't come quickly to me. I think, analyze, scrutinize, bend an idea up, down, around, sideways, backwards, and try to reason and make sense of it before making a decision. It's tiring being this analytical. I talk myself out of a lot of things. Unfortunately it also leads to assumptions, high expectations, and perfectionism. I've always wanted to be a quick thinker without 2nd guessing myself.

A personal philosophy of mine has always been to seek and understand. I'd add to that I also need to learn to trust that God already has it all figured out. And to think, he did it all without my help and musing!
The Lord answered Job from the whirlwind: Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorant words? Have you ever commanded the morning to appear and caused the dawn to rise in the east? (Job 38: 1, 2, 12)
Joyce Meyer said, "I once asked the Lord why so many people are confused and He said to me, 'Tell them to stop trying to figure everything out, and they will stop being confused.' Reasoning and confusion go together."

My devotion this morning said
, "Ask God to help you give your trust entirely to him this coming year, and then watch what he does in your life."

That releases me from a lot of worry. I'm doing it.


Watch what he does in my life. Try it with me.


Seize the J

No comments: