A Change of Season

2 years ago I was in a group of wanderers in the desert headed for the promised land in a class called Christ Life. During this life-changing class I met some of the deepest people I'll ever know and I can say, "I knew them then." One of those people is Sue. Sue and her husband Jim, are moving back to Denver in 2 weeks. Sue is one of those self-less people we learned about in Christ Life. Track A living in a Track B world.

One evening in class Sue was intensely taking notes from Dave's talk. I looked at her notes and thought, "Gee should I be getting this too?" Later when we were in our small group I asked her, "How is it that you get this?" Sue looked at Kathy, Trish, and me and said, "This is it for me. I have to get this now. There is no other way." Sue was inspirational in teaching about the fruits of the Spirit. And if it wasn't for Sue's inspiration, I wouldn't have ever memorized them: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Here are just a few of the self-less things Sue has done:
  • filmed our phase 3 class giving our testimonies
  • rescued a true church mouse from the parking lot at Hope
    (this mouse is famous on You Tube)
  • shared her skybox at Wells Fargo Arena for Joyce Meyer and Anne Graham Lotz
  • loaned me 3 books that changed my thinking: The Return of the Prodigal Son, Captivating, and Under the Overpass (the author is coming to Hope in August)
  • gives to the Cookie Ministry and shot this video about the ministry
  • went on to facilitate and lead a phase 3 class
  • shot this video of the cross for Hope's sanctuary
  • filmed a video of the homeless for Feed 1 Million and 40 Days of Community
  • filmed and edited numerous videos at Hope
  • loaned me a camera when I went to NY
  • went to SonicFlood and Avalon concerts with me
  • met me for coffee
  • listened to me
  • was always the 1st to say, "I'm in."
Sue is all about media and serves on the team at Hope. I'll miss seeing her behind the camera. I'll miss hearing Pastor Mike say, "Next slide Sue," and knowing that Sue is in control.

Sue gave our class a bookmark about sowing and reaping. I found it still in the pages of my phase 3 book. Here are the prophetic words: Every seed bears its fruit at a season later than when you planted it.

I have seen God's hand at work. Haven't you seen God raising people up to scatter them like seed in another land?

An affirmation to you Sue, from The Promised Land as you go Mile High: "Teach the world to do what you do. Demonstrate the way you interact with God. Let the world watch you believe and interact with God, so they can learn how to do it too." (pg. 169)

And as soon as the grain is ready, the farmer comes and harvests it with a sickle, for the harvest time has come. Mark 4:29

It is your season.

Seize the J

No comments: